When it comes to home improvements, a few options always come up, like adding an extension or getting a new kitchen or bathroom, but what about buying motorised blinds? Often overlooked, the beauty of motorised blinds is that they can impact your home in so many different ways – from increasing energy efficiency and helping with ventilation to making your property look smarter and more stylish, as well as a whole lot more, all for an affordable price.
This guide takes a closer look at what motorised blinds are, the pros and cons of having them installed in your home, and how you can benefit from them.
Let’s get into it!
What are Motorised Blinds?
Motorised blinds are exactly what they sound like – blinds operated by a motor rather than by hand. This means that you can control them remotely, using a switch or a mobile app, and they’ll open and close automatically.
There are all sorts of different types of motorised blinds available on the market, from roller blinds and Venetian blinds to Roman blinds and pleated blinds. So, whatever your style or budget, there’s sure to be an option that’s perfect for you!
The Pros and Cons of Motorised Blinds
Now that we know what motorised blinds are, let’s look at some of the pros and cons of installing them in your home.
- Motorised blinds are incredibly convenient – you can operate them remotely, so you don’t have to get up to close them when it’s sunny outside or open them when it’s getting dark. You can also work them automatically using smartphone apps, so they operate on a schedule or on voice commands.
- They’re great for energy efficiency – When closed, these blinds can help to keep your home warm in winter and cool in summer, which means you’ll save money on your energy bills. This is all thanks to the modern materials they’re made from!
- Motorised blinds can improve the ventilation in your home – Since these blinds can be programmed to open and close at specific times of the day, you can have them work in the way that works best for your home.
- Motorised blinds can be quite expensive – This means they might not be an option if you’re on a tight budget. Then again, they’re far more affordable than installing a new kitchen or bathroom or working on your roof, so it’s undoubtedly a more budget-friendly renovation to consider.
- Motorised blinds can require batteries – you’ll need to remember to change them from time to time.
How You Can Benefit from Motorised Blinds
With the pros and cons aside, let’s take a moment to explore all the different ways motorised blinds can benefit you and your home. Here are just a few of the most notable benefits:
Increased Energy Efficiency: As we mentioned before, motorised blinds can help to keep your home warm in winter and cool in summer. This means you’ll use less energy to heat or cool your home, saving you money on your energy bills.
Improved Ventilation: If you live in a hot climate, motorised blinds can be programmed to open and close at specific times of the day, which will help to keep your home cool and comfortable.
Smarter Home: Motorised blinds are operated by a motor, which can be controlled remotely using a switch or mobile app. This means you can control your blinds even when you’re not at home, which is perfect if you want to ensure your home is secure while you’re away on vacation.
Increased Style and Curb Appeal: Motorised blinds can give your home a more stylish and polished look, increasing its curb appeal. This is perfect if you’re considering selling your home in the future!
Bringing it all together, it’s easy to see that motorised blinds can greatly impact your home. If you’re looking for a more convenient, energy-efficient, and stylish way to operate your blinds, then motorised blinds are definitely worth considering!
Contact us here at Newton Blinds, to get started with this game-changing technology. We’ve been experts in installing blinds of all kinds for over 40 years, and we’ll be happy to help you choose the perfect option for your home.
Give us a call or send us an email today to get started!